In Windows, you can also send faxes using the fax printer driver. The advantage of this method is that you do not have to create a PDF before you can send the fax. However, the printer driver exists only for Windows.
Installing the printer driver
- Switch to the Send Fax menu or use the link.
- Download the printer driver.
- Run the downloaded file with administrator privileges.
- Confirm the question that may appear: Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer? with yes.
- Click Next.
- In the next step you will be asked for the target directory. After making any adjustments, click Install.
- Please confirm the message that the driver software could not be checked with Install this driver software anyway.
Initial startup of the fax printer
- In Windows, under Printers & Scanners, click the PBXFax Printer and select Manage.
- Select Print Test Page under Printer Properties.
- Enter the address (URL) of your wwcommunicator under IP or hostname (e.g Examplecompany.vpbx.wwcom.ch).
Under Sender number, enter one of the numbers that you have defined as the virtual fax.
Faxes can only be sent with sender numbers that have been defined as virtual faxes.
- Under Number, enter the number of the recipient. As a test, you can enter your own fax number
- Under Username, enter your username configured on the wwcommunicator.
- Under Password , enter your CTI password configured on the wwcommunicator.
- Click Send
- Now click close. The PBX printer driver is now set up.
Sending via the printer driver
- You can now send faxes from any application that supports document printing. To do this, start the printing process as usual.
- Select the PBX Fax printer as the printer.
- Under Number, enter the number of the recipient.
- Click send
- You will be informed by e-mail about the success/failure.
The document must not be larger than 10 MB.