- In Softphone mode you can set that the call window wont be showed (Calls can be answered or denied directly in the main window integrated call list or over headset buttons).
- Can be set so the softphone hides itself after the start
- PJSIP SIP-Stack has bee update to version 2.11
- Contains needed changes for the Bexio integration.
- Support for saving the presence status.
- Take over the presence status at login, if one was already set.
- In the case of the phone book, multiple entries combine the data.
- In setups with several monitors with different scaling under Windows, the program could end when moving. This is now fixed.
- Fixed displaying the call log outside the visible area in multiple monitor setups.
- Importing the configuration via URL failed on a first installation where no user had ever been configured.
- Sending conference invitations could result in a jumble of letters, depending on the content and length of the text.
- If a label has been set for a number on the wwcommunicator or the number has been entered in the address book, the corresponding label/entry now appears in the number selection.
- Mailbox icon (can be activated and deactivated via API).
- In Outlook, additional number fields are now taken into account when importing contacts.
- Fixes a problem with contact search when switching between differently scaled monitors.
- New: with the Import button, the link sent by the administrator can be imported into the configuration.
- Fixes several bugs when creating conference invitations.
- Conference call and web conference can now be started or scheduled from the client and each user has a conference room depending on the configuration. See wwcommunicator version KVM301v7.
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Multi-column mode possible. Groups can be moved in the columns.
- Several minor bug fixes.
Version 3.0.18 - 3.0.25
- Standby is prevented on Windows in softphone and Flex-Core mode during active calls.
- Double-click in the call log to trigger a callback.
- The use of Talk/Hold can be disabled (Settings->Talk/Hold support enabled must be disabled for this).
- If Talk/Hold events fail too often, the "Talk/Hold support enabled" option is automatically disabled (the user is notified so that they can re-enable the option if needed).
- DTMF events can now also be entered via keypad in the number pad tab (important: the destination number... Field must have the focus, but this happens automatically when you switch to the number pad tab).
- The new versions include the icon that indicates that someone has a registered mobile phone. In addition, an optical problem in the call window on Windows was corrected, which could occur on high-resolution displays with Windows scaling.
- When a chat message was not read, it was very cumbersome to switch the presence status (dropdown kept disappearing).
- Reply button was not displayed in softphone mode if a hardphone was logged in to the same user account at the same time (bug existed only in 3.0.16).
- Possible crash when the connection is re-established while the client is hidden or minimised.
- Calls can be received, put on hold and resumed directly via CTI client (if supported by the terminal) even without Yealink API.
- If the communication with the Yealink API fails, the system automatically switches to "No direct control" mode.
- Now it is possible to create logs for the importing of Outlook contacts for debugging purposes (Contacts->Create logs for import). The log file can be found in the settings directory of the software and is called import.log.
- New: under “Configure hotkey”, not only can URLs be accessed but external programs can also be executed
- Now the call of an action URL/command is no longer only available when a call arrives, but also when the call is accepted.
Version 3.0.3 - 3.0.13
- Support for TLS/SRTP (Attention: in the PBX settings, SRTP and TLS must be activated first. Reason: because other firewall ports are used (TCP 5061), wwphone should not stop working after an update => the IT specialist should therefore have the possibility to plan the changeover). However, under certain circumstances, it would make sense to activate TLS and SRTP by default for new connections => as this is only intended for wwphone/CTI/wwmobile, SRTP is only activated for users with a CTI licence!
- Supervisor function, the supervisor can listen in on employee calls. For this purpose, he can establish the necessary connection in the CTI client by right-clicking on a user with an active call (listen-in mode: he hears everything that the customer and the employee say. Coaching mode: he can not only listen in, but also talk to the employee without the customer hearing him.
- New option under Windows: "Detect screen lock" in the Auto-Absence settings.
- Adjustments for the new TAPI driver.
Since version 188.8.131.52
- TLS/SRTP support
- HighDPI support (thus also a sharp presentation on high-resolution displays with scaling).
- Automatic detection when a headphone is unplugged or plugged in under Windows. This means that the system no longer checks whether the audio devices are available when a call is set up, but immediately checks for audio hardware events reported by the operating system.
- New layout of the main window
- Update to PJSIP 2.8 + fixes
- Calls can now be accepted or rejected and hung up in the call bar (so maybe in a future version the softphone can be configured not to open the call window automatically).
- The call history now automatically enlarges those columns with flexible content when the window is enlarged.
- Drag and drop on contacts to connect calls from the call log (works the same way as from the call window).
- Minimised call windows on Windows 10 are now discoverable in the taskbar.
- Fixed: Busy status was no longer displayed in the Connect popup menu from version 3.0.0
- Maximum width of the text in the list with active calls is calculated correctly again (and now also adjusted during ongoing calls if you change the window width).
- Fixed: Umlauts in the Windows username with softphone usage and TLS led to problems.