Prepare video conference with wwphone
To schedule a video conference, the following is needed:
- Firefox or Google Chrome in a current version.
- A camera which can be accessed by the browser.
- A microphone and speaker or headset that can be accessed by the browser.
- E-mail address of the participants.
The participants will receive an invitation via e-mail.
There are two options available:
- A telephone or video conference can be scheduled via the wwphone client that is available for Windows, MAC-OS or Linux as a download. You can find the instructions here.
- The video conference can be prepared in the wwcom Communicator Conference call > Schedule conference.
- Conference room: If several conference rooms are available, a selection can be made here and a pin can be set.
- Date/time: Start date and time of the conference.
- Dial-in possible ... : How many minutes before the start of the conference can the participants dial in.
Duration: How long is the conference in minutes.
The conference ends at this point, after which the participants are separated.
- Reply to e-mail: It makes sense to enter the e-mail address of the organiser here. If not, you will not receive an e-mail if a participant responds to this invitation.
- Location/title: The title and location can be adjusted here if necessary. The term <number> is a variable of the conference room number selected above.
- Description: Can be customised according to your needs. The term <pin> is the variable for the PIN specified above.
- Participant e-mail #: The e-mail addresses of the desired participants must be entered here.
- Web access only as ...: This is intended for a presentation to prevent background noise when there are many participants.
By clicking on Invite participants, the invitations will be sent. Now the participants can join the video conference via the displayed link and/or participate acoustically by dialling the number and entering the PIN if a computer without acoustic setup is used.
Status of scheduled conferences
The overview shows the scheduled conferences and participants.
Participants can be removed with Delete. After deletion, the participant will be sent a cancellation notice.
Additional participants can be added later.
Link copies the link of the respective participant to the clipboard and can thus be sent again.